Tuesday, September 18, 2007

2-hours waiting for help!

I just pulled over to help a young nurse that had blown out a rear tire near the airport. (She told me her name, but now I've forgotten.) She called her brother to come help, but they were having problems understanding each other in regards to her location. Her cellphone was nearly dead when I arrived.

I offered to wait with her until her brother arrived, but started looking at the tire and asking if she had a spare. She did, but it was flat! I used my compressor to reinflate it and started to change the tire. I felt like a total rookie using her jack! I kept thinking I was doing something wrong, but I couldn't figure it out. Finally got the car jacked up, and her old tire off, and just as I was putting her emergency spare on her brother arrived! He took over lowering the car and I finally saw what I was doing wrong with the jack. I was so embarrassed!

I said my goodbyes (nearly forgetting my compressor!), they said thanks and I was back on the road.

No comments: