Monday, April 9, 2007

The Purpose for This Blog

Aloha!

This blog is for recording the events and people that the Lord leads me to along the roads and freeways of Hawaii.

I believe that every follower of Christ should be available to minister to the people God brings along their path. The Spirit of God has moved me to care about the people who are stranded along the road. With each passing car, they are reminded how little they matter to others. Even when in obvious distress, people do not stop. The latest trend in bumper stickers says it all "Ainokea" (meaning I No Care!) It is easier to remain anonymous and keep on driving, than to stop and see what can be done to help.

That's why when someone does stop, it stands out. It is like screaming "I CARE! You matter to me and you matter to God!"

Philippians 2:3-4 says:
"Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others."

Selfishness has always been a problem for me, so I am hoping that by choosing to serve the stranded of Hawaii, God will change my character to be more like His, and as I change, I'm hoping to point people to Him.

He is our Ultimate Rescuer. He has the resources we need when our lives are broken, when we are stranded, or when we're just plain out of gas. He is our Maker and Designer, and He can always fix what's broken.

No comments: